Dress up your next party spread with
ruby red pomegranate...
REBOOT WITH POMEGRANATE.
Ruby red, delicious and nutrient-dense, pomegranates pack a mighty punch in safeguarding your health! Pomegranates contain a unique and powerful antioxidant called punicalagin and has been analyzed to have greater antioxidant capacity than red wine, grape juice, cranberry juice, green tea or acai juice. Drinking pomegranate juice measurably reduces oxidative stress (the toxic effects of free radicals) in healthy humans. Much research has shown that pomegranate’s potent antioxidant capacity provides protection against heart disease, cancer and cognitive impairment!
- Have anti-inflammatory effects that may protect against cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Helps to inhibit the production of estrogen, which can reduce breast cancer risk.
- Pomegranate phytochemicals reduce LDL oxidation (a contributor to atherosclerotic plaque development).
- Pomegranate phytochemicals have blood pressure-reducing properties.
- individuals drinking pomegranate juice daily performed better on a memory task compared to placebo and displayed increased brain activation measured by functional MRI.
White Bean-Pomegranate Crostini's
BY: DIETITIAN TAYLOR JOHNSON, RD, LDN
Recipe type: Appetizer
Servers: 12 crostini's
A simple, healthful, sweet and savory appetizer for any occasion.
- 1 whole wheat baguette
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15oz cannellini beans
- drizzle of honey
- orange zest
Mix 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds with 1 tbsp sherry vinegar, chopped parsley and honey; season with salt and pepper in a small dish and set aside. Cook 1 chopped shallot and 3 minced garlic cloves in a skillet with EVOO until softened, about 5 minutes. Add shallot and garlic to a blender or food processor. Add one drained 15-oz can cannellini beans plus 1/4 cup reserved liquid from the can and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and blend until smooth. Spread bean mixture on toasted whole wheat baguette slices. Top with pomegranate mixture, drizzle of honey and some orange zest. Reboot and Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, we would love to see it! Tag us in your photo @rootsreboot with #RootsReboot or #RebootAndTurnip to our INSTAGRAM HERE!
XO - Roots Reboot
P.S. Need to Recharge, refocus or Reset your health?
Reboot with your personal Dietitian for real results and nutrition coaching! Work with us 1-1 for a personalized health plan with hourly support from yours truly! LEARN MORE HERE!